cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install on MacBook Air (running Sonoma 14.1.2 (23B92))

CastlefieldForu
Listener

I am at my wits end with Zoom and yesterday another issue 😞

Sorry for putting this in the Meetings board but there is not one for Install Issues and did not know where to put it.

I am on a MacBook Air running on Sonoma 14.1.2 (23B92).

I click to install Zoom, expecting a seamless install. I let it install to the standard places (i.e. I did not change anything during install, just clicked thru the Wizard. It appears at first to have worked and shows Zoom in my Applications.

But... if you try and open Zoom I get this bonkers pop up with no actions except 'Done' - and when you click Done, it closes - but Zoom does not work.

I have tried: uninstalling and starting again. I have tried a fresh download and starting again.

But this does not work and I still get the pop up window.

Has anyone seen this fault before and any idea what the issue is or how to fix?

I would add a screen shot here but you can't add an image? 😞

We are a charity and are paying for Zoom, not on the free version so it's particularly exasperating. 😞

Thank you 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

There are two different Zoom client  installers for Mac computers. One for Intel CPUs and one for Macs using Apple Silicon CPUs.

Did you download and install the correct version for your Mac hardware?

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Frank_TB

Hello,

There are two different Zoom client  installers for Mac computers. One for Intel CPUs and one for Macs using Apple Silicon CPUs.

Did you download and install the correct version for your Mac hardware?

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Initially just installed the one presented (which did not work). Your advice worked so thank you. It would be worth having much clearer signposting on the downloads page (or better still, detect which one people need) to help avoid confusion. If you could pass my suggestion on that would be great. Thank you again for your help, I appreciate it 🙂

asdfksadlkf
Listener

I have the same original issue, the intel version will download and install (but of course not run). Except, the apple silicon version will not even download. it starts, but never completes. I've tried restarting, deleting the old version of zoom, deleting cached files, checking for updates. I'm on a brand new MacBook Pro running the newest version of Sonoma. The only issue I can think of is that I used Migration Assistant from an older intel MacBook Pro to my new M3 computer, and perhaps I haven't found and deleted every single trace of the old version of Zoom? I have looked in every Library folder I can find and deleted everything with zoom in the name. I can't run the zoom uninstaller because the intel version obviously won't open on the computer. 

I have the same issue as well regardless if I click on the normal link or the Macs for Silicone chips link - the download starts but never completes. I am using a MacBook Air running on Sonoma 14.4. I have just set the computer up.

Hello!

I have finally solved this issue by simply trying to download it via Chrome instead of Safari! 

🙂