cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you share a zoom video in the body of the email

Isaac23
Listener

Hello,

Say I want to record a tutorial and than send it out to users via email address. Can I embed the zoom recording in the body of the email itself so when they open the email the video is in body of the email?

I know you can share it, where they have to click on a link and sign and all that jazz but I just want users to be able to play the video in the email itself. Anyone Know? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer

Most email clients do not allow embedding a video in the body of the email. I know Gmail and Outlook do not allow this. Even if you copy an MP4 file (the video file), click into the body of an email, and paste it, it will be an attachment. 

The other reason for not doing this is the attachments limit issue. Outlook is usually only 50MB and Gmail is 20 MB. Most videos are generally larger than 50 MB.

Since the video needs to be stored in Zoom or another online platform, one workaround is to insert a picture, maybe a thumbnail, and hyperlink it to the MP4 file. I have done this before. 

If this answers your question, please click Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

chrismenard7

Most email clients do not allow embedding a video in the body of the email. I know Gmail and Outlook do not allow this. Even if you copy an MP4 file (the video file), click into the body of an email, and paste it, it will be an attachment. 

The other reason for not doing this is the attachments limit issue. Outlook is usually only 50MB and Gmail is 20 MB. Most videos are generally larger than 50 MB.

Since the video needs to be stored in Zoom or another online platform, one workaround is to insert a picture, maybe a thumbnail, and hyperlink it to the MP4 file. I have done this before. 

If this answers your question, please click Accept as Solution.

Hi @Isaac23 adding onto @chrismenard7's reply! There was also a Zoom developer discussion around this that maybe helpful! 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!