cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t see participants video

SimonCao
Listener

I installed zoom new vision 6.0.2, I face a problem, I start a new meeting, but I can’t see my participants video on my screen when I share my document, I need to stop sharing my documents and switch to Gallery view, I can see participants video. But my meeting participants can see other participants videos on their screen, what happened, who can help me?  Thank you 

23 REPLIES 23

Immathsworld
Listener

I have the same problem. While I’m annotating, it frustrating not knowing if my participant is following, as I can’t see them 

Zoom need to solve this problem 

The new vision is not good,  It need to solve this problem, documents and participants video can’t show on the screen  at a time 

Joy13
Listener

The same problem as mine , it just updated the newest version 6.0.2 for me automatically, and then I had this problem since today, it was terrible that I couldn’t not see the participants as I’m a teacher, really , Zoom has to fix it as soon as possible. Please .

Yes, zoom fix this problem as soon as possible,please, As a teacher, I can’t see my students on screen, I don’t know what they are doing.

Zoomisgarbage
Listener

Why can't i see my participants video on my screen while sharing documents. I AM A TEACHER AND I NEED TO SEE MY STUDENTS ALL THE TIME, ESPECIALLY WHEN I AM SHARING DOCUMENTS. THIS IS AFFECTING. THIS IS AFFECTING MY WORK. PLEASE PROVIDE A SOLUTION. 

Zoomisgarbage
Listener

ZOOM IS GARBAGE...IT'S 3 DAYS AND NO SOLUTIONS FROM SUPPORT. JUST GAVE THEM AN ONE STARS REVIEW. IT'S FRUSTRATING AS A TEACHER TO NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE MY STUDENTS NO MORE WHILE SHARING DOCUMENTS WITH THEM.

SimonCao
Listener

My device is IPad 10.9 8th generation, I still can’t see my students videos, that’s is terrible, who can tell me what happen?  When do zoom fix it?

ZOOM UPGRADE ON IPAD IS AFFECTING MY BUSINESS. LET'S KEEP BOMBARDING THEM WITH TICKETS TO THE SUPPORT UNTIL THEY FIX THE PROBLEM. I'M A TEACHER AND NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE MY STUDENTS WHEN SHARING A DOCUMENTS IS AFFECT THE QUALITY OF MY TEACHING.

Immathsworld
Listener

I’m also an iPad user. I emailed zoom and was told to reinstall the app. Hadn’t thought of that!!!! Still no response other than that 

Zoomisgarbage
Listener

zoom upgrade on ipad is affecting my business. let's keep sending them with tickets to the support until they fix the problem. i'm a teacher and not being able to see my students when sharing a documents is affect the quality of my teaching.   

BearyBear
Listener

I have the same problem. I have a similar post under "WhiteBoard." I can see the video of participants before I share my WhiteBoard, but once I share WhiteBoard, the video of the participants disappears and I can only see the WhiteBoard and the video of the host (me). It seems there are many who are having this issue. Has anyone been able to resolve the issue?

Amalia4
Listener
  • I´m having the same problem or similar, since two weeks ago I stopped seeing my participants in my Video.  I can only see them if I put see the one that speaks.  If I try to show all of them as before now I see the participants with a black frame that makes it impossible to see their pictures and names.

SimonCao
Listener

After updating to newest version (zoom workplace )5 days ago ,I face this problem, only see myself on screen when sharing documents, I ask zoom for help, but ……

SimonCao
Listener

Hi Simon,

Thank you for the information that you've sent, this is Charls from Zoom Technical Support.

As per checking your issue was about side-by-side view on your iPad. This feature which allows to see the shared screen alongside with participants. 

Please note that the standard view is the only view available in the Zoom application for Android and iOS. At this moment, The side-by-side mode is only applicable in the Zoom desktop client on Windows and macOS computers.

For a complete list of prerequisites and a guide about side-by-side mode here's an article to give you a reference: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0067526

However, we have an option for you to submit a feature request to have these abilities be considered in future updates of Zoom. In order to submit a Feature Request to our Product Team, please visit Sending feedback to Zoom.

Please follow us at http://blog.zoom.us and review our Release Notes for new product and feature announcements.

Feel free to also visit our Help Center at support.zoom.com.

David-SUCCESSBC
Listener

This just happened to me too. I have a dual monitor setup. When I shared my document the gallery disappeared, and all I saw was the floating tool bar. I found out that when I started sharing, the Gallery was moved to behind what I was sharing. I used Alt + Tab to find the gallery again. 

BearyBear
Listener

Thank you David-SUCCESSBC. I am working from an iPad so your suggestion doesn't apply to my issue. Any chance you have been successful on an iPad as well? I've contacted Zoom support (via a submission ticket--no live agent) and I have had no success in fixing this problem. If anyone else has figured out a solution, I would greatly appreciate your help!

BearyBear
Listener

For those of you having the issue that the participant video is not showing once the WhiteBoard is shared, please note that I found a slight fix to this. When you log on, if you click on the the host video, the participant and host video will switch. (Instead of seeing the participant video as the large video with the host video as the small video in the corner of the screen, you will see the host video as the large video and the participant video as the small video.) Once you share the WhiteBoard, your video will disappear but you will be able to see the participant video. I still haven't figured out a way to be able to view the host and participant video when sharing the WhiteBoard, but this might help some of you temporarily until Zoom figures out a better solution. Please note that I am using an iPad, so I'm not sure if this works on all platforms.

ESRA1
Listener

Same problem here (2024.05.02) I used to be able to use my ipad pro to use Zoom, share documents/fotos and be able to see the student in 1vs1 lesson. But I am not able to see the student since the latest update. As a teacher it is frustrating and it needs to be solved asap. It affects my lessons and my productivity.

ESRA1, on your iPad, if you tap the host video BEFORE sharing the documents, you will then be able to see your student once you share your documents. However, once you do this, you won't be able to see yourself.

Yes, that’s what I did and it works just like you say. I don’t mind not seeing myself. It’s way important to see the student. Thanks!

True, but it would be nice to be able to show the student/participant something using the camera on the iPad, but without seeing myself, I can't see what I am showing on the camera.

fcollege
Listener

not seeing participants while screen sharing is a serious bug. However it is not the only one. My ipad has the meeting controls stuck in the middle of the bottom of my screen and i can’t move them away. I wonder, don’t the developers test their updates before they release them?