cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't go Live in Facebook Group

DarrenFrett
Listener

I can no longer stream to facebook group by clicking "more" then "live on facebook" as there is no longer an option for my facebook group. I tried using the live streaming app but when I set it up and i'm ready to stream im getting, "

Error: Failed to connect to Zoom services

Please refresh the app and try again. Logging out of all streaming platforms and adding these channels again may solve the error. If the error persists, contact Zoom support.

" I have tried refreshing, restarting and logging out and back in. I need help please

3 REPLIES 3

robballentine
Listener

Yeah, i found the same. Looks like Facebook have blocked Zoom from going into groups.

DarrenStewardPT
Listener

Having exactly the same problem. Have you found any solution yet?

DarrenStewardPT
Listener

someone posted this on another chat:

Facebook changed their API for groups on April 23, making it so that you can no longer livestream to a group using the tools that you used to from zoom. The work around is use webinars and enable custom streaming service (custom RTMP), set up a live inside your group and connect the zoom setup. There is someone on the community forum that figured it out and I have used his method multiple times. It takes a few tries to get used to the steps, but it isn't bad once you do it a few times. His video can be seen here :https://vimeo.com/938818658/c3b7ebce44?share=copy