cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Turn off the waiting room in some meetings

BORP
Listener

I used to do this all the time, both on my computer, and in the app on my iPhone,  And suddenly some of my meetings won't let me do it on either platform. It's really frustrating.

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @BORP.

If you have meetings scheduled without a Passcode, you can't disable the Waiting Room.  If you have a Passcode assigned for the Meeting, then you should be able to disable the Waiting Room.  If that's not the case, can you give some more details about when this does and doesn't happen?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Same here, passcode enabled I can't turn off the waiting room. I click on the "waiting room" zoom says "waiting room disabled" but nothing happens

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @nethesis.

I'm not sure what you mean by "nothing happens."  Assuming you don't have anyone waiting in a waiting room, nothing is supposed to happen... other than anyone else that tries to join will come on into the meeting, instead of being held in a Waiting Room, and the Enable Waiting Room menu item will become unchecked -- located in both the Security icon and the Participants ellipsis menu:

Ray_Harwood_1-1693211916583.png

Ray_Harwood_0-1693211890328.png

Normally if you are unable to disable the Waiting Room, you'll get some sort of indication of why displayed somewhere on your screen.

Let me know what indications you are getting, what is happening, or what you're expecting to happen that does not happen, and I'll see if I can help.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !