cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Disable Blur as Default for Meetings

JameHealy
Listener

No matter what I do, my settings keep reverting to a blurred virtual background as the default for meetings. So every time I start a meeting my background is blurred.

I can set virtual background to "None" (or anything else) during a meeting, and even in settings, but upon going into a new meeting it STILL reverts to blurred.

It happens using the same Zoom account on other devices (PC/Windows, Mac, and iOS), but if I use a different Zoom account on the same devices they work fine (i.e. no virtual background). 

I KNOW the issue is specific to my main Zoom account and not the devices or Zoom clients on each.

JameHealy_0-1652993242704.png

JameHealy_1-1652993728832.png

8 REPLIES 8

tobyfromrea
Community Champion | Customer

It's possible the account admin enabled and locked the following feature 'Require users to always use virtual background'. Do other users on the same account experience this issue?

slefkoff
Listener

@JameHealy Did you ever figure out the solution? I have the same problem and it has been going on for a while. 

Frank_TB

Hello,

Removing information stored in Zoom cache and cookies may help resolve a variety of issues including trouble when scheduling a meeting, enabling audio and video settings, or using other Zoom features.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/7970865190285-Clearing-Zoom-cache-and-cookies 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

@Frank_TB I tried that and it didn't work. Also uninstalled and reinstalled the Mac app and that didn't work either. I'm at a loss.

THIS IS the best reply if you're on an Apple laptop. It's the portrait and studio light settings you get when clicking the green video icon in top menu bar. Click the icons (not just the sliders) and the depth of field (what you're seeing as blurring) goes away.

jvw
Listener

Seems google was more helpful than zoom on this default background topic! Try finding settings here:
Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 18.37.17.png

JoelMok
Listener

I had the same problem of NOT being able to stop the blurring. I discovered that while i switched off the blur in the Zoom interface, I left the Portrait feature in another location for my facetime camera. It looks like a light green icon in my menu bar (I can't upload a picture).

Here is a reference: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/09/macos-14-sonoma-the-ars-technica-review/13/

I run a MacBook Pro with the new Sonoma 14.0 OS.