cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I turn off noise suppression completely?

clh_hilary
Listener

Is it possible to turn noise cancellation off completely? I don´t see an "off" button for noise suppression, and I found that Zoom´s noise suppression function crashes with my laptop´s noise cancellation function. Now that I´ve turned my device´s noise cancellation off, it´s mostly fine but still not totally without problems, and sometimes my device just turns it back on without me doing anything. Besides, I use my laptop for more than just Zoom and could use my device´s noise cancellation for other apps, so I´d rather use my device´s noise cancellation function rather than Zoom´s.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @clh_hilary good question, as of now "by design", you have the options of Auto, Low, Medium, or High. As a workaround, I would suggest setting your Noise Suppression within the client to Low, and utilize and configure your OS noise suppression to your liking. I would also suggest turning off noise suppression by sending feedback to Zoom.

Apologies on not having that option there for you! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Where do I find the noise compression setting? I can't find it anywhere. I am logged in. I go to settings. And I see nothing about noise compression.