cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakout Rooms: can I pre-assign participants if they do not have Zoom client?

BBLVCY
Listener

Breakout Rooms: can I pre-assign participants if they do not have the Zoom client?

If I put in their email address, will that work even if they do not have a Zoom account?

If not, is there another way to pre-assign or will I have to assign them to rooms once the meeting starts? If so, what is the best way to do that? There will only be about 10 participants.

@BBLVCY 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @BBLVCY 

As mentioned in the Pre-assigning participants to breakout rooms article

Note: When joining a meeting with pre-assignments, participants need to be signed in to the Zoom account associated with the email address used for pre-assignments for the pre-assignment to be applied. If they are not signed in or signed in with a different account, the pre-assignment will not be applied to them. 

This means that any pre-assignments have to be tied to a Zoom account. If you were to pre-assign an email address to a certain breakout room, and that user joins without being signed-in (or not even having a Zoom account), there is nothing for the Zoom system to match them to their pre-assignement. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bort

Hi @BBLVCY 

As mentioned in the Pre-assigning participants to breakout rooms article

Note: When joining a meeting with pre-assignments, participants need to be signed in to the Zoom account associated with the email address used for pre-assignments for the pre-assignment to be applied. If they are not signed in or signed in with a different account, the pre-assignment will not be applied to them. 

This means that any pre-assignments have to be tied to a Zoom account. If you were to pre-assign an email address to a certain breakout room, and that user joins without being signed-in (or not even having a Zoom account), there is nothing for the Zoom system to match them to their pre-assignement. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.