cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break room with 900 participants

Destrava
Listener

Good morning.
I've just bought "Large rooms - 1000" and tomorrow I'm having an event for 900 participants. I've read that I'll only be able to allocate 200 in the breakout rooms, how do I change that option? I want to create 50 breakout rooms with 18 participants in each.
Thank you very much.

6 REPLIES 6

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

There are limitations to breakout rooms .

Up to 100 breakout rooms and up to 1000 participants can be pre-assigned to breakout rooms.  

Number of breakout roomsMaximum number of participants who can be assigned to breakout rooms*
20 breakout roomsUp to 500 participants
30 breakout roomsUp to 400 participants
50 breakout roomsUp to 200 participants

*The maximum capacities listed require a Large Meeting add-on. If you do not have a Large Meeting add-on, the maximum number of participants is limited by your meeting capacity. 

Source

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476313-Managing-meeting-breakout-rooms 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Thanks for the reply, but I'm still confused.

I know I can "pre-assign" participants, but I would like to assign 900 participants in the rooms after the meeting has already started. Or rather, I want to click on the option to open 50 breakout rooms and have the 900 participants distributed in the rooms.
Last year I know I had to ask support to enable the "Breakout Room 100" option, but I haven't found any more articles talking about it.

I'm worried because the event is tomorrow.
Thank you.

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Destrava.

I think you'll be fine.  The article says you can create up to 100 breakout rooms, so if you want to open 50, with 900 people in main room and allowing Zoom to assign people randomly to rooms, it should perform that correctly. 

Note that there always seems to be a few people who don't get assigned to a room.  My experience is that these are people who fail to click OK to a pop-up asking them to approve being moved into a Breakout Room.  You might have to move a couple of people manually.

Do you need names for these breakout rooms, or does "Room 1", "Room 2", etc, work for your needs?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Frank_TB

One other thing to be aware of us that all of the participants will need to be using the minimum globally supported version ofZoom (5.12.2) or they may be asked to update their Zoom client.

More details here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059429231-Zoom-Software-Quarterly-Lifecycle-Policy 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Ray - One additional question.  If I do not pre-assign people to breakout rooms, am Iimited to 50 breakout rooms. Is it only if I pre-assign that I can have up to 100 breakout rooms.?  Cliff

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @cliffpollan.

The maximum number of breakout rooms is set based on the type of events:

• 100 max for everyday Zoom Meetings
  • 200 max for everyday Zoom Webinars
  • 50 max inside a Zoom Event, regardless of Meeting or Webinar.

See these Zoom Support articles for additional information:

You can always create less than the maximum.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !