cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue and White Arrows After Update

abauer
Listener

I'm sorry if this isn't the correct area, but I could use some advice.

I've just updated to Zoom Workplace, and now have two blue and white arrows that are on top of any app. They are definitely Zoom related, as when I close the app they disappear, and then reappear when I open it.

I've tried hovering over them but there is nothing. They don't click. Nothing seems to work. I've had a look through all of the settings I can think of, but can't find out what this feature is, or how to turn it off. Would anyone have an idea?

abauer_0-1713523312687.png

13 REPLIES 13

timfitz
Listener

I'm having the same issue -- for me it's on a secondary display; the arrows appear near the upper right corner of my last-numbered display.

MLozanoInflow
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Seeing the same on my desktop. Closing Zoom Workplace makes them disappear so it's definitely a bug with the app itself. 

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone! @abauer @timfitz @MLozanoInflow 

Please update your Zoom app to the latest version (Version 6.0.2), restart your device, and try again.

Keep me updated with your findings!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I for one have not had the issue since this update. Thanks!

I retract my statement, the arrows are back. I hope this is addressed ASAP.

Version 6.0.3 definitely doesn't solve this issue. It looks like at some point during the day Zoom's internal state gets corrupted in some way and these arrows show up on the desktop. In my case they're over the desktop but behind all applications. Like others mentioned, the buttons do not react to the mouse and go away when I close Zoom. After they showed once, they come back after a restart of Zoom.

nmanwiller
Listener

I see this issue as well. I didn't find this post at first and also posted about this at https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Gallery-navigation-arrows-appear-on-desktop-and-remain-on-top...

The current version 6.0.3 does not resolve the issue. In my experience so far, it's only on Windows 11 23H2.

mamila
Listener

Same thing here... It seems that those arrows are kept on top of all other apps, and it's even hard sometimes to take screenshots using SHIFT+WINDOWS+S shortcut - it doesn't allow you to select the rectangle in the screen where the arrows show up.

I am using Zoom Workplace version 6.0.3 (37634)

I didn't have any trouble getting a screenshot, but I get a warning that I do not have permission to upload images here. I have been checking the Zoom client release note page and so far there is no mention of a new version coming soon. Hopefully a new update is release on Monday that fixes this. It's kind of annoying.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone! Just wanted to update you that our engineering team is currently investigating this issue. I will update you here once I know more. 

Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Starter0861
Listener

Same problem after installing Zoom Workplace for the first time. If Zoom is going to shove "AI", that no one asked for, down our throats, at least bug test the release first.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone! 

Please update your Zoom app to the latest version 6.0.4. This should resolve the issue with the blue and white navigation arrows. 

Keep me updated!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

MLozano
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi Carla,

This does not fix the issue for me. I'm on the latest build 6.0.4(38135) and still have the issue.