cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background has disappeared

Degodier
Listener

Hello all. 

I have seen various posts about this but none which fit exactly, so I would be really grateful for a fix. I have Zoom One Pro (paid) used on desktop PCs. We also have it on our mobiles, although meetings are always on the PCs. I have backgrounds enabled but when the other member of staff (small business, just two of us using Zoom) opens a prearranged meeting the background is not there. I have tried signing out and signing back in again. I have seen a post from back in March which suggests I should uninstall & reinstall Zoom. Excuse me for being non-techy but does this mean we both have to do that or just me? I'm the account holder. 

Many thanks indeed from Antonia in cool & rainy Surrey, UK.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AaronO
Participant

Hi Degodier,

Sometimes when Zoom updates, it can turn of virtual backgrounds. Can you check your settings to see if it's currently on? If you start a meeting right now, does it apply your background automatically? Or is it only when you join the prearranged meeting does your background not show up? 

On the Zoom desktop app, select the gear icon under your profile image and then choose Background & Effects

AaronO_0-1689347491566.png

Do one of the options show a blue outline meaning it's selected? 

AaronO_1-1689347563240.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AaronO
Participant

Hi Degodier,

Sometimes when Zoom updates, it can turn of virtual backgrounds. Can you check your settings to see if it's currently on? If you start a meeting right now, does it apply your background automatically? Or is it only when you join the prearranged meeting does your background not show up? 

On the Zoom desktop app, select the gear icon under your profile image and then choose Background & Effects

AaronO_0-1689347491566.png

Do one of the options show a blue outline meaning it's selected? 

AaronO_1-1689347563240.png

Thank you AaronO I'm grateful. In the end it transpired that my colleague was not signing into Zoom before starting the meeting but just clicking the link from the email invitation. As soon as he signed in first the background appeared (of course).  I've given him a good beating (not really) and he's promised to bring a lot of cake into the office by way of apology. Kind regards

Glad to hear it's working now!