cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIG PROBLEM

jhpcat
Listener

My ZOOM account is linked to my email account bob@NONgmail. But literally all of that mail is on permanent forward to bob@GMAIL. so when I set up a meeting with my Zoom account using my bob@NONgmail account and try to get into my own meeting, its always a hassle. If I can get in, it says I cant share my screen because the host (thats me) has not given me the necessary permission. I think ZOOM sees me using my bob@GMAIL account while trying to access my bob@NONgmail ZOOM account, so it doesnt think I'm the host.  (I think anyway).  DO I need to change my Zoom email account to bob @gmail to fix that or is there another way?

1 REPLY 1

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi jhpcat,

i think you need to transfer your zoom account to your gmail address.  the zoom support article describes how to transfer your zoom account to your gmail account.

according to zoom support article:

How to transfer owner permissions
Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Profile.
Click Change Owner.
Enter the new owner's email address.
Click Change.
The new owner's email address will be listed on the Account Profile page and the old owner will now be an admin.
If you have Zoom Phone licenses/numbers and the new account owner does not have a Zoom Phone license, you will see a prompt notifying you that your Zoom Phone license/numbers will be transferred to the new owner. You can continue the process or cancel it.

How to request to be the account owner (Pro accounts only)
Account admins on Pro accounts can request to be the account owner, which will email the account owner for approval.

The account owner has 168 hours (7 days) to respond. During the 7-day period, Zoom sends emails daily to the account owner for approval (until the account owner responds). If the owner does not respond to any of the emails within the 7-day period, then the admin becomes the account owner. This does not apply to accounts which are eligible for a CSM, who will need to contact their CSM or account executive for assistance.

Note: If there are no admins on the account, members will have the option to request becoming the account owner.

Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Profile.
Click Request Account Ownership.
You will see confirmation that you have requested account ownership.
The account owner can approve or deny your request for 7 days. When approving or denying the account ownership transfer requests, the owner will be asked for additional verification before completing the request. If they do not respond to your request, you will automatically become the account owner after 7 days. You will receive an email confirmation when the account owner responds to your request.

Changing the account owner – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot