cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autofocus when on Zoom only

Tomhyder010
Listener

I have a Logitech C920 webcam and have turned off the autofocus on the Logitech app already. Only when im on zoom, my webcam and my stock macbook camera is autofocused and when I use any other app that uses my cameras on my computer, the autofocus is turned off... I cannot seem to turn off the autofocus feature on zoom.

Please can someone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Definitely a known issue - please submit a ticket and continue hammering Zoom to resolve and/or provide more transparency via documentation:

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Camera-auto-focusing-while-Zoom-meeting/m-p/670

One workaround would likely be to pipe the camera into OBS/VMix/Manycam and then use the virtual output from one of those applications to pipe back into Zoom. Assuming that Zoom's AF occurs at the hardware connection level, this should allow you to lock the settings in the chosen app and deny Zoom any access to focus, as the camera Zoom sees will be a virtual feed.

For example - Logitech C920 (disable AF in LogiTune) as source in OBS (check OBS settings for camera, disable AF) -> OBS Virtual Camera -> Zoom 

Obviously, this workaround should never be required and is a tremendous waste of your machine's resources for what should be a simple task. Again, please submit a ticket to Zoom, and prepare to deal with Level 1 support to tell you to try everything you've already tried and take weeks to escalate 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

bstrelko

Definitely a known issue - please submit a ticket and continue hammering Zoom to resolve and/or provide more transparency via documentation:

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Camera-auto-focusing-while-Zoom-meeting/m-p/670

One workaround would likely be to pipe the camera into OBS/VMix/Manycam and then use the virtual output from one of those applications to pipe back into Zoom. Assuming that Zoom's AF occurs at the hardware connection level, this should allow you to lock the settings in the chosen app and deny Zoom any access to focus, as the camera Zoom sees will be a virtual feed.

For example - Logitech C920 (disable AF in LogiTune) as source in OBS (check OBS settings for camera, disable AF) -> OBS Virtual Camera -> Zoom 

Obviously, this workaround should never be required and is a tremendous waste of your machine's resources for what should be a simple task. Again, please submit a ticket to Zoom, and prepare to deal with Level 1 support to tell you to try everything you've already tried and take weeks to escalate 🙂