cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Issue -- Zoom Recording Hears Me... but Meeting Presenter Does Not

DougWG
Listener

I just finished a Zoom meeting that was a rehearsal for a conference presentation -- I was playing the part of the audience and my wife was presenting. I could hear her audio and see both her video and screen sharing. She could see my video, but she could not hear me when I spoke.  The recording, however, picked up my voice just fine. 

Both of us are on Macs with current OS and Zoom app updates. We tried a FaceTime call and that worked fine... she could see and hear me. And when she connected to Zoom via IOS app, she could hear me as well. 

Any thoughts on how to resolve?

Additional Details:

My configuration -- Mac Mini M2 with Logitech Brio webcam (and microphone built-in).  MacOS 14.3 and Zoom 5.17. 

Her configuration -- MacBook Pro M1 with MacOS 14.2.1 and Zoom 5.17

1 REPLY 1

Rosenweigkamryn
Listener

Absolutely, encountering audio issues during Zoom meetings can be frustrating. Let's troubleshoot the problem step by step to address the discrepancy between your Zoom recording and the presenter not hearing you:

1. Check Microphone Settings: Ensure that the correct microphone is selected in Zoom. Click on the arrow next to the microphone icon in the bottom left corner of the Zoom window and verify the microphone you intend to use is selected.

2. Test Audio Settings: Before the meeting, join a Zoom test meeting to confirm that your microphone is working properly. You can do this by going to the Zoom website and selecting "Join a Meeting" or using the Zoom app's "Test Speaker and Microphone" feature.

3. Volume and Connection: Check if the volume on your microphone is not muted or set too low. Also, ensure that your microphone is securely connected to your device and there are no hardware issues.

4. Zoom Settings: In Zoom settings, under "Audio," check if your microphone is enabled. Sometimes, the microphone might be disabled or set to a different input device.

5. XAI Aspect: While not directly related to the audio issue, consider notifying the meeting presenter or IT support about the problem. Utilizing xai or similar technologies in troubleshooting these issues can involve AI-driven diagnostics to identify potential software conflicts, suggesting optimal settings, or providing remote assistance in resolving the problem.

6. Restart and Update: Sometimes, restarting your computer or device can fix underlying issues. Additionally, ensure that your Zoom app is updated to the latest version to prevent compatibility issues.

7. Test Again: After making adjustments, rejoin the meeting or conduct another test call to verify if the issue has been resolved. If not, consider reaching out to technical support or the meeting organizer for further assistance.