cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As Admin, how do I turn on the ability to upload virtual backgrounds?

SearchDog
Listener

I am trying to upload a virtual background, but when on Settings/Background & Effects/Virtual Backgrounds, I click the + sign to the upper right of the virtual background thumbnails and get the following message: "You cannot upload images or videos due to restrictions placed by your admin." I am the admin.

So, I went onto the settings for my account in my browser, and went through every setting, but could not find any place to toggle that feature on of off... what am I missing?

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to give on this matter. I have an important biz meeting upcoming and need to upload a particular virtual background for my presentation. Thank you!

UPDATE: I went to Zoom Management/Zoom Rooms/Account Settings/Account Profile and under Setup, I clicked the Virtual Background with Greenscreen toggle to on/enable, but it still will not allow me to upload any background images.

2 REPLIES 2

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

More than likely you need to turn on "Allow users to upload custom backgrounds" in the web portal. After you login to your account in a browser go to admin > account management > account settings > in meeting advanced > virtual backgrounds make sure it is turned on then check Allow users to upload custom backgrounds.

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @SearchDog, did the response provided by @storyhub help you?  

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?