cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another virtual background issue

GioC
Listener

Hi, I have a tablet with the following spec.

CPU - T606 (2 x A75@ 1.6GHz & 6 x A55 @ 1.6GHz)

CPU Cores - 8

RAM 8GB

FLASH Drive 128GB

I bought it especially for zoom meetings, and want to set the background to my logo, but it doesn't seem to allow virtual backgrounds?

Apologies for listing all the above spec but I just wanted to find out if this is adequate specification or not.

Thank you for any advice on this.

3 REPLIES 3

ZoomerIT
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @GioC,
     Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Community!  Since you are utilizing a tablet and it is most likely running an Android based OS, you need to make sure of the following (https://arc.net/l/quote/gzkwsyfv)

Android
                 1. Zoom mobile app, Global minimum version or higher
                 2. Android 8.0 or higher
                 3. Arm64 processor
                           * 8 cores or higher 
                  4. 3GB or higher RAM
                  5. GPU
                            * Qualcomm Adreno:
                                    > 540 (Snapdragon 835 / Snapdragon SDM835), or higher than 615 (QCS605 or Snapdragon                                            SDM710)
                             * Mali:
                                    > G series with version G72 or higher
                                    > CPU must be higher than Exynos 9810, Exynos 990, Kirin 980, or Dimensity 1000. 
                   6. Only the following phone manufacturers are supported:
                            * Google
                            * OnePlus
                            * Oppo
                            * Redmi
                            * Samsung
                            * Vivo
                            * Xiaomi
                            * Huawei

Unfortunately, if any of these items listed are not met, then Virtual Backgrounds would not be supported on the device. The biggest issue we see when dealing with these, is the Processor version not being high enough on the device. Hope this helps!

Please like and mark this as a solution if this answers your question so that  whenever someone else has the same question this content will help. Thanks!

GioC
Listener

Thank you so much for reaching out. I see my question is often asked, and I admit, I don't know if the specifications I've listed are higher or lower for the given processor. Everything else seems like it should be fine, I imagine it is a CPU issue as I don't understand that part too well.

• I'm guessing that if the tablet isn't giving this option then it isn't the right spec.

ZoomerIT

Hi @GioC,

Unfortunately that is correct. If the setting is not activated, then that usually means one of the items listed is not meeting the minimum requirements. Thanks!