cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation Tool is Missing

MoonKC3
Listener

Since I updated my zoom app yesterday, the annotation tool is missing on my meetings. I have verified that nothing is changed on my profile and annotation is turned on "In Meeting (Basic)" section. Please bring that back.

• No Error codes
  • Windows 10 PC
  • Zoom version Version 6.0.0 (37205)
  • Launched a Zoom meeting myself and cannot find the tool used to be on the Zoom menu bar
4 REPLIES 4

MoonKC3
Listener

Updated to 6.0.2 (37566) today and the feature is still missing!!

Nenen30
Listener

I had the same problem. I found that the icon for revealing the annotation toolbar is a tiny black button on a black background in the bottom left corner of the Zoom screen!  This can only be seen when the user hovers over it and a tiny white pencil appears in the black circle.  If the user clicks on this then the annotating toolbar appears. 
 If this works for you, please let me know as I'd like to double check it will work for all my students, not just the one I found this solution for.  

MoonKC3
Listener

Thank you for the input. I have upgraded to the latest version 6.0.3 (37634) and the annotation tool seems to be back to the zoom bar on the bottom. 

I suspected that the tool is missing if the Zoom app of meeting host is at a lower version than my Zoom. I think they have fixed the issue but I will have to use it today to make sure this is the case.

MoonKC3
Listener

@Nenen30 You are right, the annotation tool will be collapsed into black pencil icon. You will have to click it to expand back to the tool bar. Thanks for the note.