cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate Hosts and Calendar blocks.

Bnguess
Listener

When an alternate host is added to a meeting, or a series of meetings, does it block out that persons calendar?

We are trying to solve an issue and the answer was to add X ammount of alternate hosts, however we dont want those peoples calendars to be blocked off for the time of the meeting. 

I have read through all the documentation but cannot find the answer to this specifically. 

If you have experience and you know I would appreciate the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Bnguess.

Here's a link to the Alternate Host information in Zoom Support:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0067027 

Note this text in the top paragraph:

This user will receive an email notifying them that they've been added as an alternative host, with a link to start the meeting. If this email notification is disabled in the Zoom web portal, the alternative host will not receive an email to start the meeting.

The Alt Host's calendar will NOT receive a calendar notice directly, but an email is sent with a Join/Start link.  It's up to the Alt Host to put the meeting info in their calendar.

I'd be interesting in knowing what prompted the recommendation to add a bunch of Alt Hosts!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Bnguess.

Here's a link to the Alternate Host information in Zoom Support:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0067027 

Note this text in the top paragraph:

This user will receive an email notifying them that they've been added as an alternative host, with a link to start the meeting. If this email notification is disabled in the Zoom web portal, the alternative host will not receive an email to start the meeting.

The Alt Host's calendar will NOT receive a calendar notice directly, but an email is sent with a Join/Start link.  It's up to the Alt Host to put the meeting info in their calendar.

I'd be interesting in knowing what prompted the recommendation to add a bunch of Alt Hosts!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thank you, I thought that was what the article was saying but with the way it was worded I was unsure.  I appreciate the clarification. 

onne of our agencies has public meetings, meening the agency is a government agency and they have meetings where constituents are joining. If the person who made the meeting is out sick or away for any reason it is very important that these meetings are still ran as scheduled.  " a bunch of alt hosts" I believe isnt needed, maybe just 1 or 2, but that is what they are asking