cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After claiming host role no access to polling functionality

NickM5649
Listener

We have set up a meeting with the intention being that a participant is going to join using the Meeting URL - input the 6 digit host key associated with the account and then run the meeting (Without the original host being present) What we can't enable is for that person to be able to create poll's during the meeting, the button doesn't appear in the meeting controls after they have claimed the host role. 

I don't want to add this person as an alternative host pre meeting, i just want them to be able to manage all aspects of the meeting, is this possible? As far as i can tell we have enabled all polling options in the admin console which should allow this to happen but its not!

thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

Bruce99
Listener

I have exactly the same issue and cannot find an answer.

FrankieB
Listener

I had the same issue and support chat solved it for me: you need to first make a mock-up poll and save it to the account. Then when someone claims host the poll feature will be available. 

1. Login to your zoom account in the zoom web client 
  2. Go to meetings tab
  3. Choose polls/quizzes
  4. Create a template poll
  5. That's it. Provided your settings are all right, when someone claims host they will see the poll function and be able to edit and create polls