cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After a Zoom call/meeting, all Windows notifications stop, until a reboot.

KenG1959
Listener

If I have a Zoom meeting, and am sharing screen with someone, then of course the Windows pop-up notifications stop (as they should - if I am sharing a screen with someone on a Zoom meeting, then I don't want the other person seeing my pop-up Windows notifications).  BUT after I stop sharing screen, and end the Zoom meeting, the Windows pop-up notifications in the bottom right corner of my screen DO NOT COME BACK UNTIL I REBOOT THE LAPTOP (whatever software code in Zoom was correctly preventing the notifications during the Zoom meeting / screen sharing = keeps continuing to stop these notifications on the laptop screen after the Zoom meeting).  This makes it very difficult to use Zoom, if this is the after-affect of a Zoom meeting.  Teams does not have this issue.  I like Zoom better in all the other areas, but this issue with Zoom is becoming a show-stopper, and thinking I have to shift over to Teams if Zoom doesn't have a fix.  Any thoughts on how to fix this?  

Windows 10 (system is up to date).
Zoom (up to date).

I don't reboot each day, so this issue stays on the laptop for days.  Not sure what to do.

2 REPLIES 2

ShehzadYousaf
Listener

Recently been having the same issue. The way I resolve it is to go into the task manager and restart windows explorer. Did you ever find a fix for this?

KenG1959
Listener

What I have been trying to do is:
1) Share only the singular document on Zoom, not the full screen/monitor.
2) And I will share it on monitor #2, just to be safe (monitor #2 doesn't have the notifications pop up on the bottom right corner of the screen = only monitor #1 does).

That seems to work most of the time now.  NOTE: Teams does not have this issue, so very odd that Zoom does....