cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an Admin

Arushi66
Listener

Can i buy 3 admin accounts and have them together in one meeting as i need the permissions that the admins have to the 3 persons together in one meeting .  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Thanks for the clarification, @Arushi66.

Only one person is the creator of a Meeting – I like to refer to them as the Meeting Owner. When the meeting owner starts the meeting, The meeting owner is the Host. Anyone else that joins the meeting is simply a Participant. The Host can do any of the following:

• Assign Co-Host to any other participant; when doing do, the current Host remains the Host
  • Assign Host to another participant; the person making that assignment loses the status of Host, and generally does not retain a Co-Host status either. 

You mention the three people are “individually the Host of the meeting at different times.” One Meeting can be a recurring meeting, and all occurrences of that meeting have the same Meeting Owner. But if you have 3 separate Meeting IDs and 3 separately scheduled meetings in Zoom, each of those meetings has the Owner of who created the meeting. For example, if this is a weekly meeting of your group, but John scheduled one meeting, Paul scheduled another, and George scheduled the third – you might consider these to be the same “logical” meeting … your weekly meeting. But to Zoom, they are three separate meetings. 

I hope that explanation helps!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @Arushi66,

I’m not sure what your intention is. Let me clarify a few details first, and then perhaps you can restart your question. 

First, you don’t buy admin accounts. You can have multiple users in your organizational account, and more than one person can be designated as an admin. But having 3 admins in a Meeting does not confer any additional rights, permissions, or capabilities. Three admins can certainly meet together, but 3 non-admins can meet together as well. 

What capability do you want that is over and above what a regular Pro-licensed user has?

Hi , 

By admin , i meant that we have 3 account with pro plan and they are individually the host of the meeting at different times . 

But if they all join one meeting , then who would be the host ? Who would have all the permissions of the host ?

Ray_Harwood

Thanks for the clarification, @Arushi66.

Only one person is the creator of a Meeting – I like to refer to them as the Meeting Owner. When the meeting owner starts the meeting, The meeting owner is the Host. Anyone else that joins the meeting is simply a Participant. The Host can do any of the following:

• Assign Co-Host to any other participant; when doing do, the current Host remains the Host
  • Assign Host to another participant; the person making that assignment loses the status of Host, and generally does not retain a Co-Host status either. 

You mention the three people are “individually the Host of the meeting at different times.” One Meeting can be a recurring meeting, and all occurrences of that meeting have the same Meeting Owner. But if you have 3 separate Meeting IDs and 3 separately scheduled meetings in Zoom, each of those meetings has the Owner of who created the meeting. For example, if this is a weekly meeting of your group, but John scheduled one meeting, Paul scheduled another, and George scheduled the third – you might consider these to be the same “logical” meeting … your weekly meeting. But to Zoom, they are three separate meetings. 

I hope that explanation helps!

This cleared all the doubts . 
Thanks alot .