cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add an additional breakout room during a meeting

JDeifel
Listener

Hello! I work for an MSP, and a client of ours uses Zoom a great deal. She recently tried to add an additional room to a meeting that was in-progress, and nothing happened when she clicked on the Breakout Room icon. I have read a couple of support articles that seem to indicate that it is possible to add additional rooms, but a co-worker told me the only way to do this with a meeting that has begun is to close the current rooms, then re-create them plus the additional room. Is this true?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Humashankar
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @JDeifel 

Your understanding is right,

Zoom doesn't currently allow adding breakout rooms to an ongoing meeting. close the current breakout rooms and recreate them all, including the additional room.

You can also refer more information from the article here - Enabling meeting breakout rooms (zoom.com)

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Huma

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Humashankar

Hi @JDeifel 

Your understanding is right,

Zoom doesn't currently allow adding breakout rooms to an ongoing meeting. close the current breakout rooms and recreate them all, including the additional room.

You can also refer more information from the article here - Enabling meeting breakout rooms (zoom.com)

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Huma