cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access control & Logging for Co-Host

Lchungwe
Listener

This will help to control who needs the selected co-host permission instead of all the same permission as Host.

Also, there are times that inexperienced Zoom Co-host might accidentally click the wrong button and create problems for the meeting. 

We need to track such actions. 

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Lchungwe, welcome to the Zoom Community and great feedback!

If you don’t mind sharing your feedback about custom Co-Host permissions to zoom.us/feed!

As stated in our KB article, “Co-hosts do not have access to the following controls, as they are only available to the host in a meeting:

• Start closed captioning and assign someone or a third-party to provide closed captioning
  • Start live streaming
  • End meeting for all participants
  • Make another participant a co-host
  • Start waiting room (co-hosts can place participants in waiting room or admit/remove participants from the waiting room)

Co-hosts also cannot start a meeting. If a host needs someone else to be able to start the meeting, they can assign an alternative host. Learn more about co-host controls.”

Co-hosts can be assigned to meetings to assist with the meeting; but, if a co-host has been assigned and is “messing up the meeting,” I would consider unassigning the cohost role in the meeting. A co-host should also be familiar with the administrative side of a Zoom meeting before being assigned the role. It's up to the host to assign that role.

I hope this helps and clears things up! 😄

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I need to know who is the X co-hosts who press the wrong button and educate him/her

Hi @Lchungwe! At the moment, there is no current log of events for Host/Co-host actions taken during a meeting. I encourage you to visit the official Zoom Feedback form (https://zoom.us/feed) to share this feedback with our Zoom product team. Thanks!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?