cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue for questions in Webinar

BCMA
Listener

We are running governance voting sessions on Zoom based loosely on Robert's Rules of Order. We are looking for an app where people can queue up to ask a question, propose an amendment, or speak for and against what is being proposed.  We would like a zoom window where attendees can sign up for the queue with a drop-down menu with the above actions.  Is there an app, or is there a way of creating an application that would run in zoom to manage our queue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Brian

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @BCMA.

The Raise Hand feature maintains the order of people who raised hands. If you are “loosely” filling RONR, that works. 

A more strict interpretation used by the NAP at their online meetings is that once a hand is raised and a person called on to speak, all hands are lowered, until the person has completed their turn, then hands can be raised again. I think this is designed to emulate what happens in an in person meeting, where many can seek to be recognized, one person is called, and when the floor is open again, previous people who sought attention have to chime in again and hope for the best!

I like your approach better. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

BCMA
Listener

Thanks for the Suggestion Ray

That is certainly more "loosely" than we would want to interpret RONR. To better understand what we are trying to accomplish maybe a better description of the RR would be helpful.

For instance, questions on an item take precedence over other actions, so even though a person with a question may be lower on the queue their question should be taken first.  Also during the debate on an item a chair generally alternates arguments for with arguments against so one would want to know what the purpose of being recognized is before the chair recognizes them to speak.  We would hate to clear the floor of hands once someone is recognized, it really just rewards people with the quickest hands.

there is certainly more information on the process I can provide if anyone is able to help to better understand what we are trying to accomplish.

Cheers

Brian