cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP

maxfreedman
Listener

How do I turn OFF this new AI Companion? I don't want it! Everything under AI Companion is turned off but every zoom, the READ AI is added to each meeting.  I don't have a READ AI account either. How do I stop all this?

5 REPLIES 5

djlewis
Listener

Ditto!

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi there @maxfreedman and @djlewis 

Read.AI is a Marketplace app that provides similar functionality to Zoom's AI Companion features. To remove this from your account, you would need to sign-in to the Zoom App Marketplace and remove the Read app from your account there. This article has more information about how to remove marketplace apps: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0062865#01H8D90CZW7E4QPAN2F2ZPBDXA

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Hi Bort, I don't have any apps in the zoom app marketplace. Any other suggestions? 

Hello. I also do not have this app downloaded, and I have no idea how it even got on my account. I am very concerned about this and have let my institution know this is happening. 

It has significantly impacted by ability to use this platform and I have needed to move to Google Meet because there have been privacy concerns. It is incredibly alarming to me that an app that isn't even downloaded on my account can have access to record my meetings without any way to address the issue. 

This should be a HUGE concern. 

Hi @crcorker 

It's possible that someone invited to your call has enabled Read. They don't necessarily need to attend the meeting; just being invited is enough. Read can only join if a Read user invited to the meeting adds it.

Each meeting platform supported by Read has a built-in chat function. When Read joins a meeting, it sends a message to the chat that looks something like this:

CarlaA_0-1713463042811.png

If you see your own name listed, it means you have a Read account. In this case, you should:

1. Search your emails for messages from support@e.read.ai, such as the "Welcome to Read!" email sent to new users.
2. Check the primary email address of your Read account in the "to:" line.
3. If you have multiple email addresses, check all your inboxes.
4. If you used single sign-on (SSO) like Microsoft or Google to create your account, try logging in using those options if you're unable to with your email and password.

5. Delete your Read account

You can also type in the chat read stop to disable read ai or opt out to delete meeting data. 

Additionally, you can remove an automated meeting tool from a meeting if you don't want it to record the content. Click the Security icon in the Zoom Meeting window and then click Remove Participant.

Another method to prevent automated tools from joining is to enable a waiting room for your entire account or a specific user within your account. This way, you only admit participants, not automated tools.

For more information on preventing Read.ai from joining meetings, check out: How do I remove or stop Read from joining meetings?

I hope this helps!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?