cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webinar license

oka19940904
Listener

Is it against the Terms and Conditions to replace a license for a webinar or large meeting with another user?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

If I understand correctly, you're asking about moving Webinar and Large Meetings licenses from one user to another - please let me know if you meant something different.

Licenses are 1:1 and can absolutely be assigned to different users. Please check out the thread below for more information:

How do I transfer a webinar license to a different user? 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

bstrelko

If I understand correctly, you're asking about moving Webinar and Large Meetings licenses from one user to another - please let me know if you meant something different.

Licenses are 1:1 and can absolutely be assigned to different users. Please check out the thread below for more information:

How do I transfer a webinar license to a different user? 

Your understanding is correct. Thank you for your response.
I have an additional question: is it against the Terms of Service to transfer one pro license to a user who does not have another pro license?

bstrelko

There is nothing in the current Terms of Service that prohibits this, provided the users are on the same master Zoom account. Licenses are freely assignable and re-assignable.

Zoom's KB even calls out the re-assignment of licenses, if there is doubt:

bstrelko_0-1699972316923.png

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @bstrelko.  Note that your screen shot is from the Zoom Events product.   While Zoom Events products can be freely reassigned as needed, this doesn’t apply to all licenses.

Typically an organization owns one or maybe two Zoom Events licenses, and “ownership” of these licenses amounts mostly to “oversight” of the product license, not exclusive use of the license. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Ray_Harwood

@oka19940904 – if you’re talking about a one-time transfer from one user who no longer needs it to another user who needs it, that’s permitted. However, if you plan to frequently reassign between users to avoid having to pay for regular users of your accounts, that would be against the Terms Of Service, and there are “rate limits” imposed on license transfers that will stop a requested transfer and require you to purchase a new license in order to assign to another person in your account. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !