cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Room webinar, removing the sharer's name and the number of participants

Thayerbt
Listener

Zoom Room webinar, removing the sharer's name and the number of participants while sharing a power point. we use this for an all employee meeting and we do not want that information on the projection. How can we disable the option?

1 REPLY 1

alena_zlc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi there, 

To hide the sharer's name when sharing a powerpoint during a Zoom Webinar, the best option for this would be to have the participant change their display name in their account settings. To do this, sign into the Zoom web portal and navigate to My Account. Under your Profile settings, click edit next to your name. From here you can change the display name, which is what will appear when the participant is in a meeting or webinar. 

Further, if you plan to record the webinar, you can ensure participants names are not included in the recording. To do this, sign into the Zoom web portal and navigate to My Account > Settings > Recording. Under  Advanced cloud recording settings, uncheck Display participants' names in the recording. 

Lastly, to hide the participant count during a webinar, when you start the webinar as the host, click the Participants button in the webinar controls. The Participants panel will pop up on the right of your screen. Click More, and ensure the Allow Participants To: View Participant Count is unchecked.

I hope this helps!