cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to give Administrators permission

LiaBangart
Listener

I have an event created to provide a service to a client. This training class will be given by a person from my team and it is not necessary for me to be present. I am trying to allow my team to start the meeting without having to give them access to my Zoom account or for me to be present. It's possible? I don't know how I could give him permission. Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @LiaBangart.

Please confirm what type of session this is.  Is it a stand-alone Zoom Meeting or Webinar, or is it part of a Zoom Event or OnZoom event?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

LiaBangart
Listener

Hi! Thanks for your reply. It is a regular meeting 

Ray_Harwood

Okay, there are two specific ways to accomplish this. 

The first way assumes that the person starting the meeting does not need access to any Host functions,.  This is called "Join Before Host".  This requires the use of a Passcode and disabling the Waiting Room. Simply set it up to be joinable 15 minutes in advance of the scheduled start time, and anyone that has the Join link can join the meeting.  See yellow highlights here:

Ray_Harwood_0-1701298418131.png

The second way is if your substitute host does need access to Host functions, like starting the Cloud Recording, enabling the Waiting Room, etc.  First you have to enable Join Before Host as above.  Then there is one more set of steps.  You give your substitute host your "Host Key", and that person uses the Host Key to "claim the host role" once they're in the meeting.

Complete instructions on locating the host key, editing it if appropriate, and how to claim host are available in this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0067063  which essentially says:

Your Host Key is locate on your Personal -> Profile page:

Ray_Harwood_1-1701298869195.png

Click the "eyelash" (yellow highlight) and the asterisks will reveal your Host Key.  There is an Edit button to the far right (not visible in this screen shot) allowing you to change your Host Key.

The substitute host enters the room, clicks the Claim Host button on the Panelist window, and enters the Host Key in the space provided:

Ray_Harwood_2-1701299424852.png

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !