cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Zoom on a smart tv

PEDietz
Listener

Hi All,

I am trying to find a smart tv, to which I can add a webcam/microphone, that we can use for videoconferencing. Anyone have any suggestions on smart tvs that have the Zoom app?

Thank you very much.

Peter

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @PEDietz / Peter,

I’ve been doing Zoom for years, and haven’t heard anyone report any success with using Zoom on a smart TV. There are no Zoom apps for TVs, and running Zoom in a browser on a TV would require that the TV have a connected mic (of course your TV will have connected speakers).

I’m thinking you might have some success by connecting to Zoom on a phone or tablet and connecting your device’s display and audio to your TV via WiFi or Bluetooth, or an external device like Apple TV. If you’re familiar with this approach or technically inclined, give it a try – I’d love to hear your results, especially if successful!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi Ray,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate you taking the time. I'm going to try Zoom through the browser on a smart tv with my webcam plugged into the USB port and see if that will work. Stand by!

Peter

willjoe2442
Participant

Smart televisions offer many cool features, including internet access, streaming apps, and built-in cameras and microphones. However, because they are always connected to the internet, those TVs can be a potential risk to hackers who can control your TV and change certain settings, or worse

Regards,

Will

Tikiteraukura
Listener

Hi how to bo Comcast n the tv with my phone

Tx_Aggie_SE
Listener

Amazon Omni TV's had been supporting a Zoom app and Logitech USB cameras.. until last week at least.  App works, but the audio is no longer being picked up by the web cam (even tried a 2nd webcam).