cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Niclas
Listener

Hi all,

we are planning to block certain free mail domains as we could only accept company domains for our webinars and workshops from our clients. I tried using the domain block setting but that just results in people still being able to register with a blocked domain but when entering the webinar they just receive the useless error message attached to this post.

Any idea how if we can change that either blocking registrations as well or having a manual allowance step without too much time effort?

Thanks all!
Regards,
Niclas

7 REPLIES 7

Peter_Uy
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Niclas ,

I hope are having an awesome week!

Here's how to limit webinar registrants, when scheduling a webinar please select  the "require authentication to join" and from the dropdown option, please select "sign in to Zoom with specified domain"

Peter_Uy_1-1629443065616.jpeg

then click on "edit" and type in the email domain(s) that will be allowed to register to your webinar events.  

Peter_Uy_0-1629442899989.jpeg

I have simulated it and limited the potential attendees with zoom.com and zoom.us email domain.  When I attempted to register and used my personal email address I got an error message since the only authorized email domain I used were zoom.com and zoom.us, please image below of the error message "This meeting is for authorized registrants only.  Please enter another email address".  This will prevent anyone without the approved organization's email domain to register to your webinar.

Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 2.55.25 PM.png

Hope this solves your inquiry.

Don't forget to mark this as solved.

Thank you and stay safe!

I have a similar question. I have a webinar set up to Require attendees to authenticate to Join but I don't see another drop down as you've shown above regarding email domains. I have people getting error messages who are signing up using our company email, which should meet the requirements. Is there another reason they would receive the error message: "This webinar is for authorized registrations only. Please enter another email address."

Niclas
Listener

Hi @Peter_Uy ,

thanks your reply. That wouldn't be sufficient though as we would need to add over 400 domains from all our customers (+ potential new ones). Is there any other way to block certain domains not just from joining but from registering at all?

Kind regards,

Niclas

Peter_Uy

Hello @Niclas ,

Happy Monday!

That' a brilliant feature request!  You can submit your feedback/ suggestion, here.

As of the moment, only the ones you will allow to register what's in place.  As a suggestion, if you have the email address of your attendees you can plot them all on a spreadsheet, remove duplicates, leave only the domain extension and separate each one with a comma, then put them all in the field.  This is the only interim solution I can think of.

I hope the proposed interim solution would suffice.

Don't forget to hit like and mark this as solved.

Thank you and stay safe always!

Resham
Listener

Hi Peter,

I am hosting a webinar for a my organization, but for some registrations an error shows up which says "This webinar is for authorized registrants only. Please enter another email address error in zoom". What can I do to resolve this for the upcoming registrations.

Peter_Uy

Hello @Resham 

If disabling authentication settings for joining a meeting/webinar didn't work, you may have to disable the Only authenticated meeting participants and webinar attendees can join meetings and webinars setting in the web portal. When this setting is enabled, it requires attendees to be signed in to their Zoom account.

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Settings.
  3. Click the Meeting tab.
  4. Under Security, click the Only authenticated meeting participants and webinar attendees can join meetings and webinars toggle to enable or disable it.
  5. If a verification dialog displays, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
    Note: If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at either the group or account level. You need to contact your Zoom admin.

For additional details, visit Requiring authentication to join a meeting/webinar

Send Zoom a problem report

If you are encountering an issue while in a Zoom meeting or webinar, or while using the Zoom application to chat or schedule a meeting, you can send a problem report and logs to Zoom Support.

Since this issue is reproducible, you can create a test meeting and attempt to join through the web browser. When the error message appears, wait a few seconds before closing the dialog box. Then, send Zoom a problem report.

Contact your IT team

If the authentication settings are grayed out and you cannot disable them, they have been locked at either the group or account level. You need to contact your Zoom admin or IT team. Contact your internal IT team or IT administrator, as they would be able to provide more insight.

Contact Zoom Support

If you are still receiving this error message, submit a request to Zoom Support for troubleshooting assistance. Please provide the following:

• Meeting ID, if in a meeting or trying to join/start a meeting, where this error message occurred
  • Date and time when this error occurred
  • Screenshot of the error messages (if applicable)
  • Troubleshooting steps done before contacting Zoom Support
  • Any other additional information

Source: Read here to learn more

Please don't forget to hit the "like" button and "Accept as Solution" if the response provided answers your question.

We encourage you to continue using the Zoom Community for any Zoom-related questions or concerns you may have. 

Thank you and  be safe always!

Peter

Zoom Community Champ

Thank you so much.