cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once entered, a poll is now available in every webinar?

suzannef
Listener

Hi all. It looks like Zoom made a recent change to how polls are displayed. We offer monthly educational webinars and have polls specific to that webinar topic. When we enter in the polls for one webinar they show up in all the webinars now. This will get very confusing. Is there any way to not allow/disable this?  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @suzannef.

Read this Zoom Support article for information:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sys_kb_id=45b4eefec3ea7510a80f2965e00131bc&spa=1

Note that putting your polls in the Polls Library makes them broadly available. Also, if you have recurring webinars (as opposed to a newly scheduled webinar for each session) polls might be available across the entire recurring series (I haven’t tested that, so I’m not 100% sure).

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

Ray_Harwood

@Shahnaz -- it's no longer that way.  When creating a poll, you now have the OPTION to designate it as being attached only to the current meeting, or put into a library for wider use.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @suzannef.

Read this Zoom Support article for information:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sys_kb_id=45b4eefec3ea7510a80f2965e00131bc&spa=1

Note that putting your polls in the Polls Library makes them broadly available. Also, if you have recurring webinars (as opposed to a newly scheduled webinar for each session) polls might be available across the entire recurring series (I haven’t tested that, so I’m not 100% sure).

ecmo00011
Listener

I haven't found an opt-out setting for saving polls to the library or to having them populate in every meeting (or webinar, apparently) you have scheduled. I don't use recurring meetings, but polls from one are copying to all my other single meetings. I don't understand why they thought this would be helpful. 

mdiaz
Listener

I don't need my poll questions to be added to each training webinar.  This is ridiculous, each webinar I have has specific questions (polls). Now I open the polls and I have a list of them duplicated all over my webinars.

WebinarZoomUser
Listener

We also hate this feature - All polls and quizzes are available for all webinars. Such a bad experience finding the right one when you are live. 

ajmoen
Listener

Just chiming in to say this feature is not helpful for our use case either. We run 5-7 educational programs every day and many of our presenters use polls. This will become impossible for them to navigate. I'd love to have a library and be able turn on specific polls for specific programs, but having to go in and delete old polls for upcoming programs using different polls is very time consuming.

Shahnaz
Listener

I really have no idea who came up with that idea!!! This is soooo rediculous!

Ray_Harwood

@Shahnaz -- it's no longer that way.  When creating a poll, you now have the OPTION to designate it as being attached only to the current meeting, or put into a library for wider use.

@Ray_Harwood Can you please elaborate the steps on how I can designate the polls as being attached only to the current meeting ? I couldn't find that option.

Frank_TB

Hello, 

Administrators can allow users to assign polls and quizzes to specific meetings or webinars, which means that polls and quizzes do not have to be recreated if a meeting host grants scheduling privileges to another user. Polls and quizzes created for specific meetings or webinars will not be available in the account library and can only be used for the specific session they were created for. 

Assigning polls and quizzes to specific meetings or webinars

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0073944#h_780723887151317054410144... 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Zoom isn't giving me the option described in the article you link to in your post. When I create a poll, whether for a meeting or a webinar and click Save, it does not give me any further option. It just saves the poll and adds it to all meetings. At no point does it give me a choice to save it as a meeting poll or a webinar poll, as described in the article. Having every poll available in every meeting is driving me nuts. Is there some setting in Zoom that I need to flip to allow me to save polls to a single meeting or webinar?

From the article you linked:

Click Save, then click Save as meeting poll or Save as meeting quiz.
This saves the poll/quiz to the specific meeting. 

Like @Barbara17, I am also unable to see the "Save as meeting poll" or "Save as meeting quiz" option when I follow the steps in this article. There doesn't appear to be anything in my settings to allow me to turn on this question either.

Is this an option only available to a organization's system administrator or should it show up for all users? Our department creates polls for each meeting and each poll has a unique title for the item the panelists are voting on, so having polls copy into each meeting creates more work and does not provide any useful functionality. We also take turns creating the meetings each month, so if this requires one administrator to turn off the "save for future meetings" option on each poll, this is not viable. 

I have also not found a way to re-order the polls, so have resorted to creating them in backwards order to be able to access them in the correct order easily during a meeting. 

Leeola
Listener

Is there any chance of this change to the polls being rolled back?  It has significantly increased my workload!  I now have a very long list of polls which I have to individually 'turn off' for each and every meeting.  Previously I had a poll template which the co-hosts adapted for their session and that was it.  Now my process is - create poll template - start meeting - duplicate poll template - edit copy and change the name (so the co-hosts who facilitate the meeting know which one to use, can't use the 'star' as it goes to every meeting) - leave meeting - return to meeting poll/quizzes - 'turn off' the template so only the new copy is available - go to every upcoming meeting which occurs before the meeting I have just changed to again turn off unwanted polls.  This is now the process for every single meeting and I create over 200 meetings each each!! Absolutely ridiculous!! 

Hales2811
Listener

I also do not have the option detailed:

Click Save, then click Save as meeting poll or Save as meeting quiz.
This saves the poll/quiz to the specific meeting. 

I am an administrator on our Company account, and I have to field queries each day from multiple users within our team who are querying why polls irrelevant to their meetings are showing.  Like others, my workload is increasingly being impacted by this change - why not give users an option to 'opt-out' of some supposed enhancements as they do impact the end user negatively for the most part?  I am hoping for a very quick resolution to this issue (or a rollback!)