cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues promoting attendee to panelist

AACPS
Listener

At our last Board of Education meeting, we were unable to promote anyone from attendee status to panelist status. We kept get the message that the attendee had "declined" to be promoted. In fact, the attendee(s) never did so. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If it happens again, can I just "enable" the attendee to talk so that he or she can be heard?

Thanks in advance.

Bob Mosier

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @AACPS.

Ah, brings to mind House, starring Hugh Laurie. If you’ve never watched, never mind. 😎

I’ve never heard of a confirmed case where an attendee clicked Accept and was not converted to Panelist. If you find this to be true when you test it with a reliable test subject, it’s worthy of reporting to Zoom via a Support Ticket (log into your account on the Web Portal first): 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

My preference – especially in a public meeting where the possibility of a “bad actor” is higher than usual – is to never promote an Attendee to Panelist. Give them permission to talk, and verbally cue them but recognizing their turn by name: “John Smith, what is your comment?”  

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !