cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling attendees cameras in webinar breakout rooms

dsinger
Listener

How to I enable attendees to turn on their camera in a webinar breakout room? Attendees can unmute in breakout rooms but I'm not sure how to give them access to share their camera in their breakout rooms. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @dsinger.

Well, you stumped me -- temporarily.

I first thought, "Well, the Support article says people will have the same access to unmute and start video as they would in a meeting, so they can just do it."  I created a test webinar and tried it... and I was wrong.  Each time an attendee clicked the Start Video button, this message popped up:

Ray_Harwood_1-1694053595332.png

And it took me several minutes to discover the "trick".  I looked everywhere for a menu option to "Allow Attendees in Breakout Rooms to start video" with no luck.  Then my eyes landed on the Participants window with the ... menu expanded:

Ray_Harwood_0-1694053502679.png

I enabled Allow Panelists to Start Video, and then when an attendee clicked Start Video, it worked.

So a lot depends on whether the host initially has the Allow Panelists to Start Video set to enabled.  If so, no action is required.  If not, or if you get complaints about the pop-up error message above, check it and enable it.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @dsinger.

Well, you stumped me -- temporarily.

I first thought, "Well, the Support article says people will have the same access to unmute and start video as they would in a meeting, so they can just do it."  I created a test webinar and tried it... and I was wrong.  Each time an attendee clicked the Start Video button, this message popped up:

Ray_Harwood_1-1694053595332.png

And it took me several minutes to discover the "trick".  I looked everywhere for a menu option to "Allow Attendees in Breakout Rooms to start video" with no luck.  Then my eyes landed on the Participants window with the ... menu expanded:

Ray_Harwood_0-1694053502679.png

I enabled Allow Panelists to Start Video, and then when an attendee clicked Start Video, it worked.

So a lot depends on whether the host initially has the Allow Panelists to Start Video set to enabled.  If so, no action is required.  If not, or if you get complaints about the pop-up error message above, check it and enable it.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

this is amazing and so helpful. I am in a practice test and clicked on participants and didn't see those options, can you tell me how you got that?