cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy way to Make Zoom Room as Panalist for Zoom Events

sajithkumar
Attendee

We are having trouble adding Zoom Rooms as panellists for Zoom events, especially when there are 5-10 Zoom Rooms joining from different countries. As a Zoom admin, we need to have someone join from their laptop first and then pair with the specific Zoom Room before joining the event from the lobby. This process can be time-consuming and troublesome. Often, those working in remote offices lack technical skills, resulting in mistakes during the long process.

Is there any easy way to Join from ZR with one click as a panellist or is there anything on the roadmap for simplifying the process? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Apologies - missed this detail.

You can specify the Zoom Room as an alternative host (copy/paste ZR email address from a standard webinar), but there are some bugs to this method - ZR starts in webinar and cannot be moved to/from backstage.

+1 for a request to get true parity for Zoom Rooms - they're always the last ones to get features that Client gets and are frequently more important in live events!

View solution in original post

bstrelko

Yes - just tested this and can confirm.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

bstrelko

Zoom Rooms can be added as panelists at any time after the webinar is created.

On the host's account at https://zoom.us/webinar/list#/upcoming, click the webinar title (do not click 'edit').

Navigate to 'Invite Panelists' and then click 'edit'.

From here, you can type in any Zoom Room on your tenant and add as a panelist:

bstrelko_0-1692696255037.png

After this, the Zoom Room should be able to join this webinar as a panelist with a one-touch join if the webinar is added to its calendar resource.

Hi bstrelko,

It works for regular webinar but not for Zoom Events. There is no option to add Zoom Room as panalist/alternative host in Zoom Events.

We can add ZR as attendee only.

bstrelko

Apologies - missed this detail.

You can specify the Zoom Room as an alternative host (copy/paste ZR email address from a standard webinar), but there are some bugs to this method - ZR starts in webinar and cannot be moved to/from backstage.

+1 for a request to get true parity for Zoom Rooms - they're always the last ones to get features that Client gets and are frequently more important in live events!

let me try the email address method. Once added ZR via email will there be a join in the controller?

bstrelko

Yes - just tested this and can confirm.

Thats cool, let me test it tomorrow. Thanks

Seems like email address method for adding ZR as a panellist in Zoom events is not working anymore. I have tested it with couple of events and Zoom Rooms. 

thepoolapk01
Listener

Thanks for the helpful guide! Setting up Zoom Rooms as a panelist for Zoom Events was a breeze. The step-by-step instructions really made the process smooth. Now I can seamlessly join Zoom events without any clash in my schedule. Much appreciated