cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer live stream to my Facebook page or Facebook groups from Zoom

isobela1984
Listener

After years of happily streaming into my Facebook Page and Facebook Group from Zoom, I can no longer see this as an option when I go to Live stream from a Zoom call. 

I have re-set my Live streaming settings in Zoom, unticking and re-ticking Facebook, and have also cleared my browsers cookies and caches too. I've also tried using a different web browser but the same problem persists.

I recently changed my Page's name and handle, so this could be a factor, but I still can't find any way to get Zoom to pick up my Page and Groups as an option for a Facebook stream.

Has anyone else had this happen and found a solution?

My job relies on this so any help would be much appreciated!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

DarrenStewardPT
Listener

Someone posted this on another chat:

Facebook changed their API for groups on April 23, making it so that you can no longer livestream to a group using the tools that you used to from zoom. The work around is use webinars and enable custom streaming service (custom RTMP), set up a live inside your group and connect the zoom setup. There is someone on the community forum that figured it out and I have used his method multiple times. It takes a few tries to get used to the steps, but it isn't bad once you do it a few times. His video can be seen here :https://vimeo.com/938818658/c3b7ebce44?share=copy 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

VLB
Listener

I am having the same issue. I see that others are as well. I hope Zoom can get this sorted out soon. 

DarrenStewardPT
Listener

I am getting the option to share to "My Pages" but like you I run my business giving access to a closed off private group, which I now no longer am given the option to share to.

Have you found any solutions yet?

DarrenStewardPT
Listener

Someone posted this on another chat:

Facebook changed their API for groups on April 23, making it so that you can no longer livestream to a group using the tools that you used to from zoom. The work around is use webinars and enable custom streaming service (custom RTMP), set up a live inside your group and connect the zoom setup. There is someone on the community forum that figured it out and I have used his method multiple times. It takes a few tries to get used to the steps, but it isn't bad once you do it a few times. His video can be seen here :https://vimeo.com/938818658/c3b7ebce44?share=copy 

Thanks so much, Ray. I will read this. Much appreciated. 

About to check into what Darren shared as well.

- Verna 

Thanks for this Ray - definitely a solution for the groups but not for my Page, so will let people know if I manage to get that part of it sorted with Zoom. 

VERY HELPFUL, thank you - thought I'd have to buy yet another app to make it work like it used to. But what about sharing screen for slideshows, if you're not using "Zoom" per se, how do you handle live streaming presentations into FB Groups?

Thanks so much, Darren! I will give this a try.

Much appreciate. 😉

- Verna 

Thanks for this Darren - definitely a solution for the groups but not for my Page, so will let people know if I manage to get that part of it sorted with Zoom. 

VERY HELPFUL, thought I'd have to buy yet another app to make it work like it used to. But what about sharing screen for slideshows, if you're not using "Zoom" per se, how do you handle live streaming presentations into FB Groups?

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @yvesanbo.

Not sure why you wouldn't use Zoom to Share Screen for slideshows.

There are many tools that live-stream: OBS Studio is a popular, feature-rich, and free program that runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux.

https://obsproject.com/ 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

CathyHejira
Listener

I've streamed into my private FB Group a few times now, using the Custom Streaming Service option, and I actually like it better than the previous way.  Primarily because once you set it up, Zoom remembers what you want to do and it's a very simple set up.  A little hair raising to have to learn it, but smooth as silk once you've done it once or twice.