cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative host

Wendyama
Listener

I tried to add my assistant's email as alternative host to a webinar I've scheduled. Zoom says that email can't be added for some reason. I am on the Pro plan and paid extra to do a webinar. Is there some way to add her? If not, how do I enable her to get on for a practice session. Is there a special link for that? This would be a few minutes before our webinar. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Wendyama.

Assigning an Alt Host has two requirements: you both must be Licensed (paid) users, and you must both be on the same organizational account (a common account Owner).  See this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0067027 

You can assign her as a Panelist to get her in, but she won’t come in as a Co-Host. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Wendyama.

Assigning an Alt Host has two requirements: you both must be Licensed (paid) users, and you must both be on the same organizational account (a common account Owner).  See this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0067027 

You can assign her as a Panelist to get her in, but she won’t come in as a Co-Host. 

cjw2001
Listener

This alternative host solution is good, important but not thought through regarding practicality. So far, it didn't serve our company. I have a boss (licensed user) who doesn't have the capacity to look through his hundreds of emails he receives daily to look for zoom emails with the link that allows him to start the meeting as an alternative host. If I don't sent him that link, it's a pointless exercise. It would make things extremely easy for him and everyone else around him, were the technical settings in a way that he can simply click on the regular guest link and get in as a licensed user.  

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @cjw2001.

If you do this frequently, Alt Host is not the correct solution for you. Look into Scheduling Privilege, which allows two users to schedule for each other and start each other's meetings.  (The ability to schedule and start can also be done one-way, but many times is done two-way; more information about your specific situation will help me provide some guidance.)

Look at Scheduling Privilege info here:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061749 

As with Alt Host, you both must be on the same account and licensed, but you will be able to see each other's meetings (or filter to just yours or just theirs).

Alt Host actually works very well for the occasional need to designate someone else to run your meeting.  Even then, the host just needs a link to Join the meeting - it doesn't have to be a special link that you've somehow sent him.  Still, I think you'll find Scheduling Privilege will work better for you.  Note: I'd recommend both of you designate each other first... see how that works, and then decide if a one-way assignment works better.  If you are scheduling a lot of meeting for yourself and your boss always leaves the filter to "show for all of us", he'll hate seeing all of your meetings and his; but this is easily fixed by clicking the "Just my meetings" drop-down which appears only if you have Scheduling Privileges with someone.

This really doesn't work for my group. I am involved as a volunteer with a group that has a pro account. We need to be able to have volunteers host meetings sometimes. Also, the solution you offer to look at "Just my meetings" is a step too far for some very busy people that I have worked for. 

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @mgradie1.

For your situation, the Host Key approach is your best option.  See this Zoom  Support article for details:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0067063