cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

annotation using ipads

andrew3
Listener

I can't get my zoom to allow annotations when screen sharing from an ipad, since all the students in my school use ipads this is a big problem.  Any way to share screen ipad to ipad and write on each others screen without using whiteboard, want to write on pdfs

thanks so much

Andrew

6 REPLIES 6

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @andrew3,

Currently, you can only annotate when sharing a portion of your screen, not the entire screen.  More info under the iOS section, here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005706806-Using-annotation-tools-for-collaboration 

You can then allow students to annotate on your shared screen by following these steps: 

1. Tap the pencil icon to hide annotation tools.
  2. Tap More (...)  in the host controls.
  3. Tap Meeting Settings for these annotation settings under the Content Share section

Zoom Moderator 
CA

Please click Accept as Solution if this answered your question.

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

This specific restriction, of sharing only a portion of a screen, is not specified in the link you cite.  Please advise.

@CarlaA  I have the same issue. I've alreadyt anabled annotations, I can use it normally on my desktop but on my Ipad when I'm sharing the screen the pencil tool you mentioned does not even appear. The article you sent does not help either. My Ios Version is 15.7 so higher then 11 as per the pre requisite.

This is really frustrating please help us with an actual solution to the problem.

Hi @pmmattos , I totally understand how frustrating this can be. 

Did you already try the steps listed under iOS? And just to make sure, could you please double-check with the meeting host if they have disabled annotation (if you are not the host)?

If you could take a screenshot of any meeting tools that appear on your screen while you're sharing, that would be super helpful for me to see what's going on.

Thank you! 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

andrew3
Listener

Can you post those steps here. I have tried several times with no success. Is annotation on iPad possible ?

jeremy58
Listener

@CarlaA  Hello, I am having the same problem.  Basically:

– I am hosting the meeting from a PC

– A participant is sharing screen from an IPAD

– I would like to annotate what they are sharing but the "annotate" option is not visible when I click options.