cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To identify a participant entering with a false name

Richaverma
Listener

A student is trying to enter the room with false name. I want to identify that student. How can I do it?

6 REPLIES 6

james_marcus
Listener

If I'm not mistaken, the only way would be either to contact him/her thru different chatting platform, or admitting him/her into a meeting first, and then communicate with that participant to confirm about his/her real identity. You might later remove that participant from the room if you need it

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,Richaverma

It is very difficult to solve your problem.
 I made a request in April 2020, but we haven't been able to come up with a complete solution yet!

Thanks

icrew
Attendee

A couple of thoughts:

1) The admin of your Zoom instance can go to Admin > Dashboard > Meetings and see a bunch of details about current and past meetings, including names, IP addresses, and other identifying information. 

2) Your admin can also block people who are signed in from changing their names. 

3) You (for each meeting) or your admin (globally) can block people who are not signed into Zoom account (or even more restrictively, a Zoom account that belongs to your organization) from joining your meetings. Combined with #2, that’d be reasonably airtight. 

Hope that helps, at least a little,

Ian Crew

UC Berkeley

Ahirwar
Listener

Thanks for your help

lopezmarlet26
Listener

It is easy if you are the host and your account is premium or licensed. 

All you have to do is to sign in through the zoom website to open your account, then click Account Management > Reports...

Then you have your choice to see how many times each participants join, you will see the names they have used, the email account they are using and so on...

I hope this helps...