cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Sharing on Zoom and Screen Mirroring to TV simultaneously

nickwierda
Listener

I'm teaching a hybrid class this week - some students are in-person and some are virtual.  I was hoping to be able to use Zoom on my iPad to host the students who'll be joining us virtually and use the screen mirroring function on my iPad to cast the Zoom call onto the TV in my classroom.  That way, when I share my screen with my students on Zoom - and use my Apple Pencil to write on worksheets I've got on my iPad - the students in the classroom can see what I'm writing as well up on the TV.  I tried doing that today and Zoom wouldn't let me for some reason.  Does anyone here have any experience with this?  I've heard from a few teachers that they were able to do this in their classrooms this past year when some of their students were in-person and some of them were virtual.  But I can't seem to figure out how to do it myself.  

7 REPLIES 7

Pat_laMorte
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

Try putting the iPad into Sidecar mode. This will make the ipad a second screen to your laptop or computer. Then you can share the screen to the meeting. 

If that does not work, or does not satisfy what you are looking to do, please let me know. You can also try posting this to the meetings chat board as well. If my suggestion did solve it, please mark as resolved.

Thank you again,

Pat

Pat La Morte
Global EDU Solutions LeadZoom Video Communications

nickwierda
Listener

So yeah I'm trying to screen cast what I'm doing on the iPad to a TV.  I wouldn't be using a computer at all.  Is there a way to do that?

Pat_laMorte

you happen to have an Apple TV connected to the TV?

Pat La Morte

Pat_laMorte

You can screen mirror the iPad to the AppleTV. I do this at home. Never technically tried running a Zoom meeting, but it’s just a screen mirror, so whatever is on the iPad will display on the TV. I have also done it with an HDMI adapter.

Pat La Morte

Hi @Pat_laMorte , this is an older post but I'm wondering if you know what we should do here. We can cast the zoom meeting on the apple TV but we cannot do screenshare.  Is there a setting we can enable on our zoom profiles?

nickwierda
Listener

Yeah it's weird - I can screen mirror my iPad onto the TV seamlessly when I'm not on Zoom.  It's a Roku TV btw.  But yeah it works beautifully when I'm not on Zoom.  When I'm on Zoom and trying to do that - and screen share at the same time (so both the people on the Zoom call and the people in the room I'm in can see what I'm doing on my iPad) - Zoom won't allow it.

lfan
Listener

@nickwierdadid you ever get this working?  I am trying to do the same thing, but all I get from Zoom is a notification saying "Screen Broadcast Not available when AirPlay, CarPlay, Restrictions or screen mirroring is active".