cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing old Zoom Client from Chromebooks for entire domain

sdimbert
Listener

We have been using a Zoom EDU license since the pandemic began and have migrated from the original Zoom Client for ChromeOS to the PWA. However, the old version is still present on my user’s devices and this is confusing. I’ve forgotten where in the Google Admin Console I installed it. 

Can someone help me remember?

6 REPLIES 6

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @sdmibert, you should just be able to uninstall Zoom from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zoom/hmbjbjdpkobdjplfobhljndfdfdipjhg?hl=en-US if installed on your Google Account signed into your Chromebook? Are you not able to? 

As you've downloaded the PWA from the Google Play Store 👉 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.zoom.pwa.twa

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

sdimbert
Listener

No, I want to uninstall it for all of my users, domain wide, not just for myself. But it's OK: I figured it out.

tiredtechnician
Listener

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but with Zoom moving towards the new PWA, when students click on the meeting link, the Chromebook still prompts users to download the old Chromebook zoom App with a huge blue button instead of the PWA capturing the link and launching the meeting in the PWA. 

The "Join meeting with PWA" is a tiny little link at the bottom of the page. This seriously confuses students and teachers.

How do we default to the PWA??

Freddi_G
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi there, this is the temporary behavior to default to the legacy client. We will be moving away from this soon. If you would like to default your Chromebooks to use PWA moving fwd, pls raise a case with support and request this, they should be able to get this enabled for the account and will become the default.

hlfehr6
Listener

I feel really dumb...I am trying to remove the old zoom from my MIL's chromebook and replace it with the PWA format.  I can't seem to find any way to REMOVE the old zoom.  I've already installed the PWA version but when I try to have her log into a zoom meeting, it keeps telling me "please update to PWA" version.  Thanks

Heather Fehr

Freddi_G

Hello, if you are the Google Admin you can BLOCK the old application under "Apps and Extensions"

Freddi_G_0-1658424837963.png