cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem screen-sharing Microsoft Word document

Susan118
Listener

I am a volunteer English tutor working with adult learners over Zoom. Today, when I was screen-sharing a Word document, the document/program suddenly started jumping around -- with rapid, jerky up-and-down movement, as well as side-to-side movement in the ribbon/tabs area at the top. I had lost control of the document and could no longer continue reading it with my learner. Can anyone explain why that happened, and how to prevent it from happening in the future?

3 REPLIES 3

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Susan118 

Most issues with Zoom clients are either you have an outdated version of Zoom or device drivers.

So the very first  thing to do would be an update of Zoom client or even uninstallation/reinstallation since sometimes app config files  are being corrupted especially if it  the laptop closes/crashes without properly closing the apps.

Secondly, you can check for device driver updates if above doesn't work.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

mark39
Listener

Hi Zoom, I have a problem also screen sharing my Microsoft Word Document after the latest zoom patch Version: 5.16.2 (22807)

When i screen share during a zoom meeting, my zoom freezes and the gallery view of my participants turns black. Can you assist? 

Regards

Mark

crissyd
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

@mark39 Please go to zoom.us/download to get the latest version of the desktop client - Version 5.16.10 (25689). You may also try uninstalling the app and installing the latest version. If the issue still persists, please submit a ticket here so our Support Team can assist further.