cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Email associated with account

SusannaMartin
Listener

I have a work account which uses my work email to log in to. However whenever external people invite me to meetings they go to my personal gmail address.  I cannot find anything in my work email that is linked to my personal email and I've deactivated my personal zoom account in case that helped but no difference. 
I'd really like to find a solution as currently I keep missing meeting invites as they go to an email address which i don't regularly check.

any thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7

Freddi_G
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

This is not a Zoom issue but a user habit issue, could you setup a fwd from your personal account that you dont check to your work email so you can join from the proper account?

I appreciate I can do that as a work around, but it is still a zoom issue as my personal email should not be connected, and I can find no record of it at my end. I don't want there to be a link and don't want my personal email available to work colleagues/contacts.

Freddi_G

Hi Susanna, you said that invites go to your personal gmail address whenever external people invite you. Zoom generates invites, but those invites are actually coming from someone's email who has your personal account as a contact. Zoom does not send meeting invites directly to participants, does this make sense?

@SusannaMartin wrote:

whenever external people invite me to meetings they go to my personal gmail address. 

Thanks for taking the time to reply. 

That seems unlikely as I've had invitations from new contacts to my personal email and I know I haven't ever given my personal email to them. Also I asked one of them to try sending again using my work email and it still turned up in my gmail account, it's as if zoom has something set to default to that email even though I can't see it in my profile anywhere and have no recollection of connecting them

Freddi_G

Sure no problem, sorry this hasnt helped, but be assured Zoom would never expose your email information unless you have accepted an invite from other users who obtained your email from you or you have invited them in the past. Id say so we could dig a little deeper open up a case with support so we can check those emails for you. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

Freddi_G

Also, check with your email administrator to see if you have some kind of email fwding in place from your corporate email to your personal email. 

SusannaMartin
Listener

thanks, i've put a ticket in