cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI: Important Message to all K12 School Accounts: Children’s Education Status setting

Pat_laMorte
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello all, 

I am posting this here as an FYI for all Higher Education customers. This may or may not affect you depending on whether you serve students under the age of 18. If you believe you do, especially if you offer enrichment camps etc, you may want to read the communication.  If you do not, then you can ignore this post. 

Here is the link to the communication. https://community.zoom.com/t5/Primary-and-Secondary/Important-Message-to-all-K12-School-Accounts-Chi...

We take privacy seriously at Zoom and this change is a part of our commitment to continuously enhance the privacy of our platform. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to your CSM for assistance, or refer to our help article or reach out to our Support Team. Thank you for choosing Zoom.

Pat La Morte
Global EDU Solutions LeadZoom Video Communications
1 REPLY 1

jjones
Listener

Pat,

I appreciate you putting this in the community. I received the notice, but I am not clear if I need to do anything besides ensure the switch is toggled to the off position.  I am the owner/admin for a small higher education org of 34 host accounts. If I need to opt out, like the notice says, that option is not currently working.   We can't afford to be locked out of Zoom.  

Any guidance you could share would be much appreciated. 

Best Wishes
JJ