cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canvas Zoom Unauthorized

KelliA
Listener

I have scheduled zoom meetings through canvas but when I try to start them I get this

KelliA_0-1655770817203.png

What's going on here? I have used Zoom in canvas for years and never had this issue until now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
10 REPLIES 10

Freddi_G
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello, can you tell me 

• What LTI version you are running
  • Which browser you are running
  • Are you able to access LTI Pro and view upcoming meetings page and the error occurs only when you click schedule or
  • Does it happen when access the LTI Pro tool?
  • As a start can you try clearing cache or using another browser or computer to test.
  • Are all instructors experiencing the same issue?

driveira
Listener

I am using Firefox, and also began receiving this same error yesterday.  Yesterday, it worked just fine in my morning class, then, I received that error in my second class.  I am now continuing to receive that error.  I can log in if I go to the Zoom website. 

I deleted all of my scheduled classes in Canvas, and rescheduled all of them.  That didn't work.  I deleted cookies.  That didn't work.

A different browser DOES work, but, I really like Firefox...

Freddi_G

Hello, I am wondering if its related to a Firefox change that got implemented in Firefox 96, released on 1/11. Mozilla turned SameSite cookies (more information can be found at https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Set-Cookie/SameSite could you take a look at this and update the setting to "  network.cookie.sameSite.noneRequiresSecure to true" as specified in the link here to test? https://hacks.mozilla.org/2020/08/changes-to-samesite-cookie-behavior/#:~:text=Test%20your%20site%20...

I did that, and it is still not working.

hivelyr
Listener

I have an end user with a similar issue. I believe it does prompt to approve for LTI before it happens.

Yes, this link fixed the issue for me. I finally decided to clear cookies and cache and I saw this enhanced tracking was turned on. Turning it off fixed the problem!

Freddi_G

@driveira can you confirm if the above solution solves your problems?

Thank you for sharing @hivelyr !!!

Yes!  That fixed the issue!

Freddi_G

Excellent! Glad to hear this!!