cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling an Education Account

TJTy
Listener

What are the implications to the following if we do not renew our educational account?

Users
Recordings
Upcoming Meetings

3 REPLIES 3

Freddi_G
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello, when you do not renew, the account and users licenses will revert to basic licenses so they will not be able to cloud record, only locally record. Their past recordings should still be (edit: available in the back end but NOT accessible if the entire account turns into a basic free account). Upcoming meetings will still be there but without any licensed features and will be limited to 40min max call time limits.

Thank you! We have students who are just basic users but added into our educational account. No change for them then? Will former licensed users still be able to download the recordings? I suppose there will be no more admin account that will be able to and manage the recordings?

Freddi_G

Hi no change for students. Former licensed users will NOT be able to access their own recordings as well.

- I want to clarify something I noted above, as I just tested this internally. Licensed admins WILL be able to pull previous recordings but if the ENTIRE account goes basic, you as an Admin or Owner will NOT have visibility to past recordings so you should download them ASAP if you are going to cancel your EDU subscription.