cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attendance Report Setting

Sevencds
Listener

I was assigned to be a teaching assisstance on Canvas. When I tried to set "Attendance Report Setting", it showed "Can't update the Attendance Report Setting due to the invalid Setting from the input value". Could you guys please help me with that?

9 REPLIES 9

Freddi_G
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello, the input values that show up by default are only placeholders, you need to add an actual value to each field in order for the system to see it correctly. Even if you want to keep the same placeholder value, input that value in the field and retry. Essentially every field needs to be edited for it to accept the value. This will be changed in the future so its a little more intuitive.

Well. I set as a ZOOM website (Syncing attendance report with Canvas Gradebook – Zoom Support) suggested, but it still showed the same massage.

Freddi_G

Hi I just to double confirm, did you edit ALL editable fields even if the value was the same as the default placeholder value? All fields need to be edited so if you left any default values the system will not recognize it. Hope this makes sense.

- If you confirm to have edited ALL fields and entered new values (even if they match the placeholder values) and still running into this error, I would raise a case with support so someone could walk through this with you and see if this is an issue the configuration or maybe back end issue.

Freddi_G_0-1675956838967.png

Yes. I edited all fields and entered new values, and sill meet this error. One of attached is default. Another is what I set again.

Freddi_G

Thanks for clarifying this, yes this looks like an issue. Values dont overlap so thats another thing to be aware of. Do you mind raising a case here and sharing that case number with me? We can have this looked at by our LTI engineers to review.

The case number is #16546228. Thanks.

Freddi_G

No problem. I have added all the necessary notes to the case from our discussion and have suggested to move this to LTI engineering as next steps. Good luck!

yaffedi
Listener

Any updates on this? I am having the same problem and would like to use this feature. 

Actually I don't know how it was solved. You can turn to your IT service team and let them be involved.