cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zooming to Success: Enhancing Spanish Learning Online

bob_sat
Participant | Zoom Employee

My journey to learn the Spanish language was fueled by a deep passion, and it led me to a local language school. I was elated when I learned that they offer online classes and would be conducted through Zoom. I immediately enrolled and took the opportunity to start my learning journey.

Initially, our instructor relied solely on a presentation deck, but my suggestion to use the Whiteboard for collaboration was met with enthusiasm from the entire class. The Zoom Whiteboard allowed us to share our work, correct mistakes easily, and foster a collaborative learning environment. However, there came a point when we were informed of a switch to another video conferencing platform. In my opinion, this was a significant misstep. The new platform was web-based, had terrible audio quality, and ate up over 30 minutes of our time just to address audio issues. Even the instructor's video feed was so poor that it had to be turned off, and there was no Whiteboard for collaboration.

As an advocate for Zoom, I couldn't stay silent. I raised my concerns and emphasized what we were losing by leaving Zoom behind. Eventually, we returned to using Zoom, and everyone was happy. Zoom has become an indispensable tool, making learning more accessible and convenient. The ease of use made it effortless for students to attend to class whenever, wherever. In my case, it eliminated the need for a two-hour commute and allowed me to pursue my learning from the comfort of my home.

Zoom has not only made learning Spanish possible but has also transformed the lives of many, including mine.

What will you learn next using Zoom?

2 REPLIES 2

crissyd

This is great, @bob_sat ! I also want to study another language and I'll definitely check first if they're using Zoom. Zoom Whiteboard has come a long way too and is a very powerful visual collaboration tool before, during, and after a virtual meeting. It wouldn't be a class without a whiteboard, yeah?😁

KhatC

Thanks for sharing, @bob_sat! I remember taking an online course a couple of years ago and we also used Zoom back then. Our facilitator wasn't a fan of digital whiteboards though as he was comfortable using a physical one. 😅 However one feature we frequently used was breakout rooms since we were working on a project by groups. If ever I get to enroll in a class with the same facilitator, I'd highly encourage him to switch from a physical board to Zoom Whiteboard. 🙂