cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Clips are missing basic but extremely important security feature

jeikobugo
Listener

Zoom clips provide users with 3 options for how to share their clips:

• Anyone with the link can view: Allow anyone to view the clip without restriction.
  • Anyone at Your Organization: Allow only members within your account to view the clip.
  • Only invited members can access this clip

Apparently, after speaking with Zoom support, it's not possible to restrict your Users not to use "anyone with the link can view" as a Zoom Admin. allowing only "Anyone at Your Organization" or "Only invited members"

In our company, this feature is necessary as we don't want our recordings to be publicly available with the link for security reasons.
What is also sad, is that this sharing option is the default one, and the default option cannot be changed by Zoom Admin.

I'm not sure how Zoom wants to compete with the alternatives available on the market, where SSO protection is a basic feature. We are in a situation where we need to restrict Zoom Clips for our users and keep using different alternatives

Is there a plan to provide this feature in the future? If yes, when?
Comments in this thread from the Zoom security team would be highly appreciated 

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @jeikobugo welcome to the community! Allow me to get back to you on this, as I will be sharing this information internally to seek clarification and an update for you. Thanks! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

I agree this is an important security feature.

Regards