Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Clips and storage space

LK_EXN
Participant | Zoom Partner

Hi

Are Zoom Clips recordings using the same cloud recording storage space, just like ordinary recordings from meetings and webinars? That is eg. 5GB available for Pro licenses is shared between all stored recording types?

Or maybe it's currently using some additional, unlicensed space?

I'm curious since it's not precisely mentioned anywhere.

Cheers

Lukasz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

crissyd
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hello @LK_EXN ! During public beta, Zoom Clips will not count against the cloud storage plan but will do at GA.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

crissyd

Hello @LK_EXN ! During public beta, Zoom Clips will not count against the cloud storage plan but will do at GA.

I hope this is reconsidered! We're already paying a premium for storage space and most (if not all) screen recording competitors offer unlimited storage (See: Loom, Droplr, Vidyard, etc). I'd consider enabling the feature if there was a way to automatically expire clips after a certain amount of time; however, as it stands, we'd just be throwing away precious storage space and I don't intend to enable it for our organization.

Can we please clarify with regard to how clips count towards storage? The way I'd like to use it this:

Record zoom meeting to cloud. OK that counts as storage.

Then, add the recording to clips so I can add notes to the description, then share the video from there.  Does adding the recording to clips double the storage space required?  Or is storage for the video only counted once in this scenario?  Thank you.

LK_EXN

Thank you for the answer 🙂

taylor-fiscus
Listener

What is GA?

Hi @taylor-fiscus for clarity, this means General Availability (GA) which is the release of a product to the general public.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!