cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teaching Spanish/French

KS2108
Listener

How do you use foreign language characters on the whiteboard?  When I share with my pupils I need them to be able to see the proper spelling but can't type in Spanish or French. 

3 REPLIES 3

RobF
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @KS2108 
If you are using Windows, you can hold the Windows key down and then hit the period "." key. This will bring up the emoji keyboard and you can select the symbols and characters you need.

If my reply to your question resolved it for you, please click on "Accept as Solution" where my reply shows. This way, community member with the same question will know how to resolve it, and additional member won't spend time trying to respond to your request.

Arps

Hello!

One more option to go along with Rob's response.  Within Windows you can also use ALT codes to enter special characters.

• Alt+0233 (é)
  • Alt+0224 (à)
  • Alt+0232 (è)
  • Alt+0249 (ù)
  • Alt+0226 (â)
  • Alt+0234 (ê)
  • Alt+0238 (î)
  • Alt+0244 (ô)
  • Alt+0251 (û)
  • Alt+0235 (ë)
  • Alt+0239 (ï)
  • Alt+0252 (ü)
  • Alt+0231 (ç)

A third option would be to get a European keyboard and use that along side of your standard keyboard.  The computer can recognize both keyboards natively and you can switch between the two.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks! Rick

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi!

Which type of device are you using for the Whiteboard in your meetings?

Craig